BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 9, 2011

Lemon Cake


I got a call late Tuesday afternoon asking me to make a cake for Wednesday. It was last minute and I didn't think I would have time to get it done. I had a super busy day on Wednesday, but managed to get the cake done. It is absolutely the best lemon cake I have ever had!

Directions: Purchase lemon box cake, 1 container of frosting, 1 can lemon pie filling, 1 regular size tub of cool whip. Make the cake mix as directed, however only use 2 eggs. Pour into your greased baking dish. Use a large spoon and put dallops of the canned pie filling all over the raw cake mix until pie filling can is empty. Put in oven 25 degrees higher than box instructions, and bake 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven. The cake needs to cool about 3 hours before you decorate. For frosting, mix tub of cool whip and the lemon frosting. When frosted, you need to keep the cake in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment